5 Father's Day Food and Beer Pairings to Make His Day
There aren't too many things men can agree on such as zone or man-to-man defense, Democrat or Republican, and Star Wars or Star Trek, but one thing we all can agree on is that a great meal and cold beer enjoyed with family can help make the perfect father's day. Here's a guide to 5 food and beer pairings that will make dad's day.
1. Steak is a great choice for the BBQ (especially a new BBQ...hint). Try grilled Rib-Eye paired with an Amber Ale.
2. Pork chops marinated in garlic, olive oil, thyme, and lemon is delicious and pairs well with hoppy styles of beer like IPA's.
3. Lobster, crab, mussels and/or oysters would be a hit for many dad's. Pair these sea foods with a German-Style Hefeweizen.
4. Ribs. Slow-cooked for that extra fall-off-the-bone tenderness dad loves. Pair beef or pork ribs with dark beers like Bocks or a Porter.
5. Too full for dessert? Didn't think so. Serve up some Cheescake, Ice Cream, or Creme Brule and pair these with a sour beer like a Belgian-Style Fruit Lambic.
And don't forget that beer makes a great father's day gift! Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!